The possibilities of courses abound in Santiago de Cuba, from architecture to music, official or not.
You can register in advance or take the train on your arrival.
- Santiago de Cuba : Complete Travel Guide
- Best Luxury Hotels in Santiago de Cuba : Full List
- Best Casas Particulares in Santiago de Cuba
- 28 Best things to do in Santiago de Cuba
- History of Santiago de Cuba
- Excursion and Tours in Santiago de Cuba
- How to Get Around in Santiago de Cuba
- How to get to Santiago de Cuba
- Santiago de Cuba Nightlife: Best Bars, Salsa Live Music
- Santiago de Cuba Events : Best Carnivals & Festivals
Ballet Folklórico Cutumba
Santiago’s folklore groups are very open and can organize dance and percussion classes in groups or individually.
Start with the Cutumba, who often perform at the Hotel las Américas. The Conjunto Folklórico deOriente is also very useful.
Casa del Caribe
Portal of Santería and Folklórico, this cultural institution can organize conga, son and salsa dance classes for 8 cuc per hour.
Resident staff member Juan Eduardo Castillo can also organize percussion classes.
Real amateurs can inquire about in-depth courses on Afro-Cuban religions and culture. They are experts and very flexible.
If you wanna take private lessons when you arrive in Santiago, head to Artex, Casa del Queso, La Trova. The best recommendation would be la Claqueta where there are tons of amazing dancers ready to propose private lessons at affordable prices.
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below