- Most Stunning Hotel Views in Colombia
- 10 Best Events in Colombia: Festivals & Carnivals
- Colombian Food and Drinks: Gastronomic Guide
- Colombia Vaccinations, Covid 19 & Travel Health Advice
- Colombia Weather: Climate & Geography
- Colombia Safety : Travel Tips and Advices
- 13 Best Places to visit in Colombia
- Best time to visit Colombia
- Currency, budget and cost for a trip in Colombia
- Colombian Language: Slang & Spanish Glossary
Suitcase : The essentials to put in your suitcase for Colombia
With such great climatic variations, there is no doubt that you should think about the contents of your suitcase for your trip to Colombia.
- Plan rather a large backpack or large canvas bag than a suitcase with wheels for your trip to Colombia.
The cobbled streets of its colonial cities or the excursions that will take you off the beaten track do not favour a good walk on wheels!
- A small backpack of 30 to 40 liters for visits and outings.
- A waterproof jacket…unfortunately, you are never safe from a small “squall” wherever you are!
- Sun protection: hats, sunscreen, sunglasses …
the sun can appear at any time and hit hard depending on the exposure of the day!
- A camera and its charger as well as several spare memory cards.
- An electrical adapter for 110V plugs (the same as in the USA).
- A flashlight so that you don’t miss any part of your stay, even on a dark night.
- A first-aid kit (disinfectants, bandages, paracetamol, anti-mosquitoes, anti-diarrhea…).
We thought it wise to provide you with a non-exhaustive list of essentials to take with you in your travel bag according to the regions you will visit during your tour in Colombia.
What to Pack For the Andes
- Warm clothes (pants, fleece, jacket, hat, gloves, socks…)
- A windbreaker…
you may be surprised by the winds that can blow through the many valleys in the area.
- Hiking boots.
- UV-protective lipstick.
What to Pack For the Amazon
In addition to the essentials, remember to bring:
- Light clothing, preferably with long sleeves and legs to protect against mosquito bites.
- A high-performance mosquito repellent.
Do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist for advice.
- A microfibre towel and a swimsuit for the swimming stages of your stay.
What to pack For the Caribbean coast
Incredible diversity both in terms of the landscapes encountered and the activities promoted in this region of Colombia, your travel bag will adapt to the details of the program that awaits you on the spot.
Whether it is for a lazy stay on the paradisiacal beaches of Santa Marta, an excursion in the jungle of the Tayrona Park to discover the Cuidad Perdida or a night stroll in the alleys of beautiful Cartagena, design a custom-made suitcase that will adapt to your needs.
Thus, we recommend that you add to the must-haves of your trip, the Andes and the Amazon, the kit for a perfect seaside holiday.
This means :
- Mosquito repellent.
- Open, comfortable and light shoes.
Finally, for more details and according to the specificities of your tour in Colombia, we invite you to contact your consultant who will be pleased to tell you precisely what you should bring according to the details of your program.