- Cueva de los Peces: Best things to do & Travel Guide
- Punta Perdiz: Best things to do & Travel Guide
- Playas del Este: the beaches of Havana
- Pinar del Río: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Playa Giron: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Playa Larga Cuba : Complete Travel Guide
- Bay of Pigs: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Varadero:: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Cayo Levisa: Best things to do & Travel Guide
- Cayo Jutías: Best things to do & Travel Guide
The second largest airport in the country, Varadero airport is located in Carbonera, about 30 kilometers from the city.
You won’t get lost since there is only one terminal.
The car rental agencies Cubacar, Havanautos, Rex, Rent-a-Car and Via Transgaviota all have branches at Varadero airport.
The airport also has a currency exchange office, a post office, restaurants and stores.
Getting to Varadero from the airport
You will not find public buses at the airport but cabs are waiting for you at the exit of the terminal: the trip to Varadero will cost you 25 to 30 CUC.
Otherwise, so that you don’t have to worry about transportation when you arrive, you can already book your transfer, either shared or private.
Administrative formalities on arrival
Once you have landed at the Varadero airport, you will of course have to go through customs.
There, your tourist card and your insurance certificate will be checked by the customs officers.
As always when it comes to administrative formalities in Cuba, going through customs can take a little time.
You will therefore have to be patient, but the game is worth it!
Administrative formalities upon departure
When leaving Cuba, you will have to go through customs again.
Remember to keep your tourist card for the duration of your stay.
It will be checked again upon your departure.
Customs officials will also make sure that you have respected the limits on the amount of cigars and rum you can take out of the country.
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below