Santiago and Cuba in general have allowed the best artists in the world from surrealist oil paintings to wood carvings.
The city’s painters are particularly gifted
If you buy a work of art, don’t forget to buy an 8 Cuc export permit from the artist.
- Best Beach Hotels in Santiago de Cuba
- The Antonio Maceo Airport in Santiago de Cuba
- Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca del Morro
- Baconao National Park: Complete Travel Guide
- El Cobre Santiago de Cuba: Complete Travel Guide
- Best Things to do Near Santiago de Cuba
- Santiago de Cuba’s Carnival: an explosion of music, dance & colors
- La Gran Piedra de Santiago de Cuba: Travel Guide
- Where to take Music and Dances Classes in Santiago de Cuba?
- Santiago de Cuba: Tourist Information
Arte Universal. Exhibitions and works of art are for sale at Arte Universal.
Tel: 22 65 73 99
- Adress : Calle 1, between Calle M y Calle Terraza, Reparto Vista Alegre
- Hours: 9am – 7pm Monday to Saturday, 9am – 5pm Sunday
- Entrance: 1 Cuc.
Galería de Arte de Oriente
Probably the best gallery in Santiago de Cuba, the art is of high quality.
- Tel: 22 65 38 57
- Address: Général Lacret n° 656
- Opening hours: 9.30am – 6pm Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 12pm Saturday, 10am – 10pm Sunday
Casa del Caribe
This bookstore offers a good selection of books in Spanish with Cuban themes.
- Address: Calle 13, No. 154, esq. de Calle 5, Reparto Vista Alegre
- Tel: 22 64 22 85
Close to Parc Céspedes, this state-owned shop sells high quality paintings and a wide range of crafts.
- Address: Calle Bartolomé Masó y Calle Félix Peña
Fábrica de Tabacos César Escalante.
If cigars are your passion, this small factory uses the traditional method to roll some of the best in the region.
- Address: Av. Jesús Menéndez 703, esq. de Calle Bartolomé Masó (San Basilio)
- Tel : 22 62 23 66
- Opening hours: closed on Sundays.
La Escalera de Edy bookshop
A veritable museum of old and rare books stacked on the ceiling, plus vinyl records.
Trovadores dressed in sombreros often sit on the stairs and play music.
- Address: Heredia No. 265
- Hours: 10am – 10pm
Focuses on musical memories, with a respectable selection of CDs and cassettes.
- Tel: 22 65 48 14
- Address: Patio ARTex Heredia No 208
- Opening hours: 11am-7pm Tuesday to Sunday
On the south side of Parc Céspedes.
Decent selection of political titles in English; sells postcards and stamps.
- Tel: 22 68 71 47
- Address: Heredia, between General Lacret and de Félix Peña
Centro de Negocios Alameda
The latest project for the regeneration of the port consists in opening this
shopping centre in a colonial building : internet, a pharmacy, the immigration office and a Cuban office, plus shops.
- Address: Av Jesus Menéndez esquina José A Saco
- Hours: 08:30 – 16:30