In Santiago everything is close: you can walk almost everywhere. However the city is hilly, so get ready to pour a few drops of sweat.
And like everywhere in Cuba, there are taxis that will take you wherever you want.
- Santiago de Cuba : Complete Travel Guide
- Best Luxury Hotels in Santiago de Cuba : Full List
- Best Casas Particulares in Santiago de Cuba
- 28 Best things to do in Santiago de Cuba
- History of Santiago de Cuba
- Excursion and Tours in Santiago de Cuba
- How to get to Santiago de Cuba
- Santiago de Cuba Nightlife: Best Bars, Salsa Live Music
- Santiago de Cuba Events : Best Carnivals & Festivals
- Where to go Shopping in Santiago de Cuba
Get around in Santiago de Cuba by Taxi
Taxis are waiting on Céspedes Park near the cathedral.
Always set the price before getting into a taxi.
At the airport, costs vary between 8-30 Cuc, depending on the duration and condition of the car.
There is also a Transtur taxi station (tel: 22 68 71 60) in front of Meliá Santiago de Cuba.
Proposed destinations: Castillo del Moro, Cementeria Santa Efigenia, Plaza de la Revolucion, Cuartel Moncada, Fábrica de Ron Bacardi, La Gran Piedra, Iglesia Caridad del Cobre, Loma de San Juan, Playas y otros
Here are some useful numbers:
- Frank Alexis Cabrera Tel : 52 6874 82 | 22 65 73 83
- Orlando 52 51 45 73
- Pablo 52 07 30 97
- Roberto Carlos 53630703 Whatsapp (o Argelio 52 98 22 00 )
Get around in Santiago de Cuba by Bus
Useful city buses are :
- Bus 212 to the airport and Ciudamar (1 MN$),
- Bus 213 to Punta Gorda (1 MN$) (these two buses leave from Av de los
- Libertadores, in front of the Hospital de Maternidad, and go south to Felix Peña in the casco histórico),
- Bus 214, 401 and 407 (1 MN$) to Siboney (near Av de los Libertadores n° 425).
- Bus 5 for El Caney stops at the esquina northwest of Plaza de Marte and at General Cebreco and Calle 3 in Vista Alegre.
These buses run every hour; more frequent trucks serve the same routes.
Northbound trucks leave from Av de las Américas, near Calle M.
In trucks and buses, you should be careful of pickpockets and carry your backpack in front of them.
Get around in Santiago de Cuba by Picicore (Colectivos)
It’s the newest fashionable transport.
Prices in national currency rarely cost more than 5 Cuban pesos MN
Get around in Santiago de Cuba by Moto Taxi
In principle they are forbidden to tourists.
Get around in Santiago de Cuba by Bici Taxi
The famous bicitaxis, or bike taxis, are a relaxing way to see the sights.
Always set the price before boarding a taxi.
Some will charge 5 Cuc per hour.
For Cubans a short trip often costs 5 pesos in national currency.
Get around in Santiago de Cuba : Bike Rental
You can also rent a bike
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below