- 13 Best Scuba Diving Spots in Cuba
- 8 Top Rated Beach Resorts in Cuba
- 7 Most Amazing Hidden Beaches in Cuba to ditch the Crowds
- The Top 6 Best Snorkeling Spots in Cuba
- Top 5 Best National Parks in Cuba
- Best places to visit in Cuba for sightseeing
- Internet, Wifi, and Phone coverage in Cuba
- What to pack for Cuba: Full Packing List
- Customs Regulation in Cuba
- Best Cuba Itineraries 7 Days
Staying 1 Week in Cuba
A long round trip, jet lag, changes in temperature, changes in food, in short, a lot of inconvenience for little time in the end.
A week spent on the island can however be used to visit Havana, mythical and sensual, the Viñales valley famous for its mogotes (huge rounded limestone hills) and its extremely picturesque nature, Trinidad the best preserved colonial city in the country inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list.
Staying 2 weeks in Cuba
2 weeks are undoubtedly more appropriate to let you soak up the island and its inhabitants. Renting a car will considerably facilitate your journeys and access to the most remote provinces.
In a fortnight or so, the possibilities multiply, but you must limit the trips. It is not advisable to go from Havana to Santiago de Cuba: the island is 1,000 km long, so you would spend a lot of time travelling (count 16 hours by bus, or 11 hours by car, to get to Santiago from Havana!).
If you’re really interested in the Eastern region, take a flight to Santiago and limit yourself to the provinces of Bayamo and Granma. In the heart of the Oriente cubano, the country of sound will surprise you with its very Caribbean musical fervour.
Spend 3 Weeks in Cuba
This is the ideal time to discover the country and its riches. You will have time to walk around the island from one end to the other without necessarily hurrying.
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below