Baracoa may still seem to be an isolated city and difficult to reach.
But don’t panic, because there are several ways to get there.
- Parque Nacional de El Yunque: Guía completa de viaje
- Los mejores lugares para visitar cerca de Baracoa
- Las mejores cosas que hacer en Baracoa
- Los mejores hoteles en Baracoa
- Mejor Casa Particular y Bnb en Baracoa
- Historia de Baracoa
- Gastronomía de Baracoa: Platos y especialidades culinarias
- Los mejores tours y excursiones en Baracoa
- Vida nocturna en Baracoa: Las mejores discotecas y bares
- Eventos en Baracoa: Carnaval y Fiestas
Get to Baracoa by plane
If you want to reach Baracoa from the east of the island, the city has a small airport, the Gustavo Rizo airport.
The Gustavo Rizo Airport (code BCA) is located 4 km northwest of the city, just behind the Porto Santo Hotel.
Flights are not very frequent, but the Cubana de Aviacion airline company serves the airport from Havana or Santiago de Cuba.
Otherwise, it is also possible to go through the airports of Guantánamo or Santiago de Cuba.
Book your flights to Havana through one of the travel agencies, or directly with Cubana de Aviación
If your budget allows it, the plane will allow you to avoid the fateful 16h of bus.
- Address: Gustavo Rizo Airport. Highway Jaitecico km. 1 1/2, Turey.
- Tel : 21 64 53 75 | 21 64 53 76
Airline ticket reservation office
- Address: Martí n° 181.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 am – 4 pm
- Tel : 21 64 53 74
From there, you will have to take a cab at the airport to go to Baracoa.
It takes about 3h30 from Guantánamo or 4h from Santiago.
Get to Baracoa by Bus
A Víazul bus connects Baracoa to Santiago de Cuba every day in each direction.
Tickets sell out quickly, especially on weekends, so book your tickets a day in advance (more in high season).
The trip takes about five hours. (Local buses are much slower.)
The national bus station is served by Víazul to Guantánamo and Santiago de Cuba.
|Baracoa – Guantanamo||Baracoa – Santiago||Baracoa – Havana||Baracoa – Camaguey|
|Precio||10 Cuc||15 Cuc||66 Cuc||33 Cuc|
- Telephone: 21 64 38 80 | 21 64 36 70 | 21 64 30 93
- Address: Av Los Mártires & José Martí
- Reservations: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
However, you should know that the west of the island is much less touristic than the east, so it is more difficult to find collective cabs there.
Get to Baracoa with a Private Cab
If you cannot find any other solution, you will easily find private cabs ready to make long trips.
The easiest way is to ask for information in your casa particular.
The bill may be quite high.
Offers different types of cabs, excursions or other types of optional services, in the surroundings of Baracoa or throughout the territory
- Tel : 21 64 37 37 | 21 64 36 87
Get to Baracoa by Alquiler de coches
The road is beautiful, and if you have the possibility of renting a car, you can take advantage of it to make stops where you want, especially the beaches and the mountainous part before Baracoa.
- Transtur rental point
- Martí 202, between Céspedes and Coronel Gallant.
- Tel: 21 645225
Car Rental Jaitecico Highway Airport km. 1 1/2, Turey, Baracoa. Tel: 21 641665
Get to Baracoa by Truck
Trucks bound for Moa (departures from 6am) leave from the national bus station, taking the very bumpy northwest road.
Ahora te toca a ti
Ahora me gustaría saber, ¿tienes alguna pregunta?
¿O quizás tiene alguna información que añadir?
En cualquier caso, hágamelo saber en los comentarios a continuación