Artículos relacionados


Valid passport, valid for the duration of the stay, for French, Belgian or Swiss nationals. For other nationalities, we are at your disposal to accompany you in your steps.

In order to be prepared for any eventuality, we will make sure that you have a passport with the required or sufficient number of blank pages (generally 3, 2 of which are opposite each other).


No visa for French, Belgian or Swiss nationals. However, a tourist card is compulsory, valid for a stay of one month. Travellers should apply for it at the Cuban consular services, unless it is included in the trip and provided with the travel booklet. This document should be kept carefully and will be requested when leaving the country. For other nationalities, we are at your disposal to accompany you in your steps.

Attention! To enter Cuban territory from the United States, you now need an American tourist card. This can be bought (100 US dollars) in American travel agencies, or in American airports when you pass through the formalities control to get to the boarding lounge. If you are departing from the Miami airport, you can buy this card at the Cuba Ready checkpoint, located at checkpoints 1 and 2. You will be asked for this card upon arrival in Cuba, during immigration control at the airport.

Emergency passport

As this document is not accepted everywhere, before applying for one, make sure that it is recognized by the country you are traveling to; also check whether it requires a visa (which may be the case even for countries where it is not required with an ordinary passport).

If you are travelling with your children, you should be aware that, from now on, minors, whatever their age, must also have an individual passport. French law stipulates that minors travelling with both parents, or only one of the two, do not need to be in possession of an exit permit. However, this document is compulsory (since 15 January 2017) if this accompanying condition is not met.

In the latter case, the child will have to present: passport (or identity card, depending on the requirements of the destination country); the form of authorization to leave the territory, signed by one of the parents with parental authority (the form of authorization to leave the territory is available on the website; a photocopy of the identity document of the signatory parent.

When a minor travels with one of his parents whose name he does not bear, it is strongly advised either to be able to prove filiation or to present an authorization to leave the territory (Cerfa form n° 15646*01) duly completed and signed by the other parent with a copy of his identity document. This authorization does not exempt minors from the completion of any other formality specific to the destination.

Attention! Special note for insurance:
Health insurance is compulsory for travelers to Cuba. They must be taken out in the country of origin; the proof may be required at the airport. If, however, for an exceptional reason, a traveler is not covered, he or she will be obliged to take out insurance at the airport of arrival in Cuba.

Driving licence

To avoid any inconvenience, it may be useful, even for non-European countries officially recognising the validity of the French licence on their territory, to also obtain an international driving licence or, failing that, a sworn translation of the French licence.

If your trip involves passing through the United States :


To enter without a visa, any French, Belgian or Swiss traveller (this also applies to children of any age) travelling by air or sea to the United States (or transiting there) for a tourist trip not exceeding 90 days, must be in possession of an individual passport bearing the “microchip” symbol on the cover. As of January 15, 2017, the authorization to leave the territory is reinstated for French minors travelling without at least one of their parents.


All French, Belgian or Swiss travellers going by air or sea to the United States (or transiting there) for a tourist trip must be in possession of an electronic authorization from ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) before boarding. The ESTA form must be printed, marked “authorization granted” and presented at check-in. This document, which is merely an authorisation to board, is not a guarantee of admission to the territory of the USA. Once granted, this authorisation is valid for one or more entries for two years (or until the validity of the applicant’s passport expires).
Online forms are available at: (application must be made no later than 72 hours before departure). The ESTA authorization is subject to a fee: US$14 (January 2017 rate), to be paid by credit card at the time of application.


Upon arrival, the immigration authorities will take a picture of your face and fingerprints. Wait behind the yellow line until you are asked to cross it, this may take some time .
Customs checks shall be carried out at the first point of entry into the territory. After immigration, you collect your luggage on the conveyor belts and go to customs. If you are continuing your journey by air, you will have to collect your luggage and take it to the luggage conveyors serving connecting flights. They will be directed to your final destination.


Please note that travelers who have visited Iran (as well as Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, or Sudan) since March 1, 2011 will need to apply in person at a U.S. consulate for a visa if they wish to travel to or transit the United States, even if they are citizens of a Visa Waiver Program country. This measure also applies to dual nationals of Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Yemen and Sudan.

If your travel involves transit through Canada :


As of November 10, 2016, visa-exempt travellers flying to Canada, or transiting through Canada to their final destination, will be required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). It is valid for 5 years (provided your passport has equivalent validity) and costs 7 Canadian dollars.

The ETA is not required for citizens of the United States or for travellers with a valid visa. Nor is it required for travellers entering Canada by land or sea.
The ad hoc form must be completed no later than 72 hours before departure on the website.
Married women must apply under their maiden name.

Beware! Unofficial sites offer to issue the ETA to travellers at exorbitant rates; it even happens that the authorization is not issued, or not recognized by the Canadian authorities. Make sure to apply at the address mentioned above.


New security measures have come into force at airports: electronic devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.) must be charged and in working order for all flights going to or through the United States and London. Screening officers must be able to switch them on. As a precaution, keep your charger handy. If your device is unloaded or defective, it will be confiscated. As this measure is likely to be extended to other airports, we advise you to charge your electronic devices before the flight, whatever your destination.

Ahora te toca a ti

Ahora me gustaría saber, ¿tienes alguna pregunta?

¿O quizás tiene alguna información que añadir?

En cualquier caso, hágamelo saber en los comentarios a continuación

Publicaciones Similares

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *