15 kilometers long and only 500 meters wide, Cayo Blanco is a small island surrounded by coral reefs, located about 30 kilometers off the Varadero peninsula.
- Cueva de los Peces: Best things to do & Travel Guide
- Punta Perdiz: Best things to do & Travel Guide
- Playas del Este: the beaches of Havana
- Pinar del Río: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Playa Giron: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Playa Larga Cuba : Complete Travel Guide
- Bay of Pigs: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Varadero:: Best Things to Do & Travel Guide
- Juan Gualberto Gomez de Varadero Airport
- Boca de Guamá: Things to do & Travel Guide
How to get to Cayo Blanco
To get to Cayo Blanco, there is only one solution: book a boat trip from Varadero.
As the seabed is shallow and covered with coral all around the island, most of the excursions are done on board zodiacs or catamarans.
We recommend this excursion: cruise to Cayo Blanco.
It includes transportation by catamaran, snorkeling equipment, the services of a guide, lunch, and even drinks (cocktails, beers or soft drinks).
A shuttle will pick you up directly at your hotel.
As a bonus, cancellation is very easy and possible up to 24 hours in advance (full refund).
Things to do in Cayo Blanco
What’s on the agenda in Cayo Blanco?
Swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, water sports and sunbathing!
On the way, the boat stops on a platform in the open sea where it is possible to take a dip in the middle of a troop of dolphins.
They are not shy and will be glad to be caressed! The seabed near Cayo Blanco is also home to a wide variety of fish and corals (black coral, red coral, brain coral, etc.).
A real paradise for snorkeling enthusiasts! Cayo Blanco is also an ideal playground for water sports (non-motorized): kayak, pedal boat …
And if you prefer to bask quietly on the beach, no problem! You will find deckchairs where you can spend the day.
What about lunch? Restaurants on site offer menus featuring fish and seafood: lobster, lobster, shrimp or squid! Enjoy your lunch …
Lodging in Cayo Blanco
You will not find any hotel or casa particular in Cayo Blanco, only restaurants.
The great majority of travelers wishing to visit Cayo Blanco stay in Varadero