- Medellín Colombia: Complete Travel Guide
- Eje Cafetero : Complete Travel Guide
- Top 36 Best things to do in Medellin Colombia
- How to Get around in Medellin
- Best Events in Medellin Colombia
- History of Medellin : Foundation to Pablo Escobar
- Best Hotels in Medellin Colombia
- Where to Stay in Medellin
- Medellin Nightlife : Best Clubs & Bars
- Best Places to Visit in Medellin
Where to Stay in Guatape & Peñol ?
In Guatapé you can find hostels and hotels that preserve the local architecture, and around the Piedra del Peñol you can find country lodges and glamping
Best Hotels In Guatapé
- Carrera 22 No 29B-29; dm
- Prices : dormitories from COP$23,000-30,000 | COP$70,000/85,000/110,000; W)
An established local hostel featuring neat, modern rooms. The dorms downstairs open onto the common area and can be noisy, but the privates on the 2nd floor with lake views are quality. The sociable owners organize all kinds of activities.
On the top floor there’s a fine Thai restaurant
Hotel El Paisaje
This small hotel is located in the most photogenic street of Guatapé and we highly recommend the rooms with balcony, which overlook that street.
The rooms are small but have everything you need to spend a couple of days and breakfast is included in the price of the room although it is served in a cafeteria next to the malecón.
- Country House Hostel
- Casa Rosa Hostel
- Casa Kayam Hostal
- La Martinera Parque Central.
Hotels near the Lake and Piedra del Peñol:
- Adress : Vereda La Peidra, Residencial No 2
- Prices: $28,000 to $34,000 Cop | Rooms from $160,000 Cop include breakfast
- Website : www.galeriahostels.com
Perched on a peninsula right below La Piedra, this hip little hostel is a popular choice among backpackers looking for majestic views on a budget. It’s small and homely and feels somewhat like a private retreat with friends. There’s a steep path down to a particularly scenic part of the lake.
- Hotel Los Recuerdos,
- Bacoa Hostel,
- Ecolodge Bahía Peñón,
- Levit Glamping,
- El Trébol,
- Hotel Pietrasanta,
- Hotel La Magdalena
Or if you want to indulge yourself, the Bosko (160 usd/night approx. for 2 people) offers you more than just a room, a unique experience where you can sleep under the stars, with all the luxuries..
Mansion de Oriente
- Vereda La Piedra;
- Prices : from $80,000 Cop to 119,000 including Breakfast
A great midrange option near La Piedra, this rural-style house has neat and spacious rooms opening onto a large wraparound balcony overlooking the lake.
But the best part is the large swimming pool and social area down by the water’s edge. Packages with meals are also available.
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below