Here are the best tours near Bogota
- Bogotá Colombia: Complete Travel Guide
- Barichara Colombia: Complete Travel Guide
- 18 Best Things to do in Bogota Colombia
- Villa de Leyva Colombia: Complete Travel Guide
- Safety in Bogota
- Bogota Nightlife : Best Places for Parties
- 11 Dishes You Need To Try in Bogota
- What to Pack for Bogota : Complete Packing List
- Shopping in Bogota : Souvenirs
- How to get to Bogotá: Best flights, Buses & Cabs
The Zipaquira Salt Cathedral
Zipaquira is a city of mining tradition due to the salt mines that have surrounded this place.
In 1995 the city’s Salt Cathedral was inaugurated and it has been considered one of the most emblematic temples in the department of Cundinamarca.
Inside the mountain the Bogota architect Roswell Garavito Pearl designed this Salt Cathedral.
On the way to it, the traveler will be able to observe the whole path of the Way of the Cross of Jesus by means of the sculpture of a cross.
This place is considered by Colombians as one of the 7 wonders of Colombia, anyway, it is not a must visit either if one travels to Bogotá.
- Location: Zipaquirá is a city near Bogotá.
- How to get there: If you want to go by public transportation you should get to the Transmilenio Portal Norte stop and there take the bus to Zipaquirá.
- Hours: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 am to 06:00 pm: Adults (13-59 years old) 20000 COP Over 60 years old 14000 COP Children from 4 to 12 years old 14 000 COP
Cañón de la Lechuza
Located about 60 km from Bogota, in the village of Santa Rosa there is a small lake fed by the Bogota River. This lake is surrounded by huge rock walls that look like a canyon.
- How to get there: To get to the lake the visitor will have to walk about 45 minutes around the mountain or following the river level.
This small town with great charm is built on the side of the Tominé Reservoir. In this quite traditional village the traveler will be able to enjoy a lot of craft stores that sell the products at a good price.
But if you decide to go to this little town it is essential to visit the Guatavita Lake where different buses will take you there.
This place full of magic is where the famous legend of El Dorado originated, but only because of the spectacular landscape it is worth visiting.
- How to get there: To get to Guatavita the visitor must go to the Transmilenio stop in Portal Norte and from there take the bus to Guatavita.
Salto de los Micos
It’s a fantastic natural place located about 90km from Bogota in the municipality of Villeta.
This place full of trails for excursions allows the traveler to enjoy different waterfalls ranging from 5 to 40 meters.
In addition, in this place, the traveler will be able to enjoy a good spa to rest and to enjoy the tranquility.
Now Your Turn
Now I would like to know, do you have any question ?
Or maybe do you have some information to add ?
Either way, let me know in the comments below